The dictionary defines communication as, “the imparting or interchange of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, or signs.”
To gain important skills in communication, consider participating in Communication Skills Training Course offered by pdtraining in Melbourne, Adelaide and other cities in Australia.
It is also defined as, “means of sending messages, orders, etc., including telephone, telegraph, radio, and television,” and in biology as an, “activity by one organism that changes or has the potential to change the behaviour of other organisms.”
The effectiveness of your communication can have many different effects on your life, including items such as:
- Level of stress
- Relationships with others
- Level of satisfaction with your life
- Ability to meet your goals and achieve your dreams
- Ability to solve problems
How Do We Communicate Effectively?
We communicate in three major ways:
1. Spoken: There are two components to spoken communication.
– Verbal: This is what you are saying.
– Paraverbal: This means how you say it – your tone, speed, pitch, and volume.
2. Non-Verbal: These are the gestures and body language that accompany your words. Some examples: arms folded across your chest, tracing circles in the air, tapping your feet, or having a hunched-over posture.
3. Written: Communication can also take place via fax, e-mail, or written word.
PD Training delivers a one day training course on “Effective Communication Training Course in Brisbane”, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra.
Our next course on “Effective Communication Training Course in Sydney” is on March 7th so book your seat today!
Pdtraining delivers 1000’s of professional development courses each year in Brisbane, Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth, so you can be assured your training will be delivered by a qualified and experienced trainer.
All public Communication Skills Training courses include am/pm tea, lunch, printed courseware and a certificate of completion. Customised courses are available upon request so please contact pdtraining on 1300 121 400 to learn more.